Begin with “I wish someone told me…”
I wish someone told me…
- life is not a Disney movie.
- marriage is not so much romance as it is backbreaking labor, and you have to like the other person enough to love, forgive, laugh, cry, forget, overlook, remind, endure, apologize, and so much else.
- loving your kids does not mean they will never irritate you so much that you want to flick them in the forehead. Repeatedly.
- the cliche that friends are rarer than diamonds and gold is not a cliche at all.
- even if you love someone to the bone and back doesn’t mean you won’t hurt them.
- saving money is hard.
- being broke is harder.
- religion is often a mask worn to hide from truth.
- following your dreams is perhaps the hardest thing to make of your life.
- finish college.
- be a whole person alone before you try to be whole with someone else.
- movies lie.